Friday, January 19, 2018


I think from my own personal experiences it was always very difficult for me to forgive people,  although that could come from being a Capricorn, due to the fact that one of our characteristics is that we hold grudges, yet we’re also the most determined.  Holding grudges and not forgiving those who have done us wrong can carry a heavy weight. It poisons our very soul and restrains us in moving forward.

As the human species, we are very self-preserving, defense of one’s self.  When we’re wronged, we want everybody, I mean everybody to know about it. Who the person is, the wrong that they did, how that did it, where they did it, how it made us feel and the fact that we’re never going to speak to them again. We want the person responsible to pay for their “indiscretion” therefore we’re usually prepared to go to any length to get them to do so.  And all of it may seem valid to you at that very moment, and maybe a little after, and you want that wrongdoer to suffer your consequences, but honestly is it really worth your psychological well-being? For me, I’m going to say no, but others may beg to differ when it comes to forgiveness and forgiving those that have done them wrong.

Now, this is for me, some may agree and others may not. But personally, I really don’t have time to harbor bad feelings and hold on to something that is leaning, literally pushing against my heart, causing me to feel bad when the other person may not even be aware of the situation of me being angry and they’re out here living their life to the fullest and I’m walking around here in a funk, upset at the world.

And who has time for that?

Forgiveness is a characteristic of strength, did you know that? It has to be, because it takes a substantial amount of bravery to move on from a situation that may have caused you a great amount of pain. In forgiving that person, you let go of the hold they have on you and it’ll make your life a whole lot happier.  I need peace of mind in my life, and I also need to know how to forgive myself in certain situations and I can’t do that if I can’t forgive others. I want to you understand forgiving someone doesn’t mean that what they may have done is okay, and it doesn’t mean that the person should still be welcomed into your life, it just means, that you have made peace with whatever it is that they may have done, giving you the chance to focus on something more positive in your life.

With that being said, remember I am a Capricorn, on the cusp of Aquarius and I will admit, I’m still in the baby stages of this forgiveness thing, it is a process for sure, but I’m no longer crawling in the process of forgiveness, I’m walking now, a little unsteady, but I’m walking and soon I will be motivated enough to run as I hope you will too, or maybe you already have.

#ForgivenessFridayHHC

No comments: